ARE YOU FACING SURGERY?
Deciding to undergo surgery can be tough, but once you know why you need it, it may certainly be helpful. Most operations are not emergencies and are considered elective surgery. Therefore, you have time to learn about your operation to be sure it is the best treatment option for you to address a medical issue. Knowing what to expect can help you get better faster.
The relationship with a doctor must be built on communication and trust. Honest & open dialogue with your surgeon about your symptoms, even if you feel embarrassed or shy, will help you both. Ask questions to make sure you understand your diagnosis, treatment, and recovery process.
The following is a partial list of specific procedures performed by Dr. Prokurat:
- Hernia Surgery
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Anal Surgery
- Rectal Surgery
- Hemorrhoid Surgery
- Colon Surgery
- Colostomy/Ileostomy Reversal
- Exploratory Laparotomy
- Portocath Insertion/Removal
- Liver Resection
- Skin Moles
Questions to ask your surgeon:
- What is the surgery? Do I need it now, or can I wait?
- Are there alternatives to surgery?
- What are the benefits & risks?
- How will the surgery affect my health and lifestyle?
- What kind of anesthesia will I need?
- Will I be in pain? How long will the pain last?
- When will I be able to go home after the surgery?
- How long will it take to recover?
- What will happen if I don’t have the surgery?
- If it does get worse does it make the surgery harder?
- Is there anything else I should know about this surgery?
COMMITTED TO PROVIDING SURGICAL PROCEDURES OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY
NJ Advanced Surgical Solutions offers comprehensive medical and surgical care to patients in the Monmouth County and the Jersey Shore area. Dr. Val Prokurat specializes not only in weight loss, but in minimally invasive and robotic surgery for hernia repair, gallbladder removal as well as several other common surgical procedures.
Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Surgery including gallbladder removal, hernia repair, appendix removal, solid organ biopsy and removal, reflux surgery, and colon surgery.
Gastrointestinal Surgery including treatment of diverticulitis, stomach cancer, and other conditions relating to the intestinal tract.
Hernia Surgery including ventral, inguinal, incisional, and abdominal hernias.
Colorectal Surgery including colon cancer and hemorrhoid removal.
Surgical Oncology including comprehensive evaluation and surgical treatment of all aspects of tumors.
Whether you need gallbladder, hernia, acid reflux surgery or some other form of general surgery, we are committed to providing weight loss surgery and other surgical procedures of the highest quality. Please feel free to give us a call or schedule a consultation online.