Weight loss surgery is the first step toward a happier and healthier you! Once the surgery has been completed, the hard work begins. As a leading weight loss surgery center in Freehold and Hamilton New Jersey, we are able to offer you the tools you need to succeed. From effective diet and exercise plans, to support groups and encouraging words, we’re with you every step of the way.
TIPS FOR THE FIRST FEW WEEKS
It is vital to allow your stomach to heal without being stretched by the food you eat. Always follow the plan that is given to you by Dr. Prokurat, but in general, be sure to:
- Eat only canned or very tender, well-cooked fruits and vegetables.
- Never eat any raw fruits or vegetables, except bananas.
- Never eat the skins of any cooked vegetable or fruit.
Exercise is encouraged, but only after you have healed. It is vital that you allow your body to heal and recover fully. Until your doctor says otherwise, begin to:
- Walk often. Walking is low impact and necessary for healing at this stage.
- Avoid strenuous activity such as running or lifting heavy weight.
- Ask your doctor which exercises are appropriate for your stage of recovery.
AFTER WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY: LONG-TERM LIFESTYLE CHANGES
Losing weight, keeping the weight off and staying healthy isn’t a short-term process, it’s an exciting new lifestyle! In order to make true changes, it is important to focus on your nutrition, activity levels and find a support system that can keep you on the right track.
Weight loss starts in the kitchen. When you know what foods your body needs, which ones to avoid and what portions are right for you, you can make the right food choices and make your weight loss surgery a success.
- Nutritional Tips
- Recipes (coming soon)
Exercise and physical activity don’t have to be a tedious chore. Don’t be afraid to try new things to get your heart rate going. By routinely doing the right exercises, you’ll begin to build muscle and shed the pounds.
Learn More (coming soon)
Your weight loss journey will be much more effective and enjoyable if you communicate with close friends and family for support and encouragement. Sometimes, it also helps to talk with those who have been there before:
- Attend Our Support Groups
- Read Patient Testimonials
- Watch Patient Transformations