- 12 eggs, cracked into a bowl
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped basil (optional)
- Extra Virgin olive oil spray for the skillet
- 2 cups washed, chopped baby spinach
- 6-8 Mini sweet peppers 111 Washed and sliced. Another option is roasted red bell pepper, (jarred is perfect) roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat a 9″ cast iron pan over medium-high heat, and preheat the oven to 3509F.
- Whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, and basil together in a medium-sized bowl until combined. Set the egg mixture aside.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil spray to the skillet along with the spinach and peppers. Saute just until the spinach turns bright green and begins to wilt, this will take less than 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium and pour the egg mixture over the sauteed peppers & spinach, stir to thoroughly combine the sauteed ingredients into the egg mixture, and sprinkle the feta cheese over the top.
- Let the egg mixture cook untouched over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. When the egg mixture is starting to set around the edges, transfer it to the oven and bake until the frittata is completely done, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature. You can also refrigerate this for 3-4 days and reheat pieces as needed.
Calories 194 calories/1 slice/6/serving
Total Fat – 12.5 g
Carbohydrates 4.3 g
Protein 14.93 g