4 services (1/2)
- 2 eggplants
- 1 bo bun sauce
- 1c brown round rice
- 2 tablespoons beet juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and julienned
- ½ black radish, peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon citrus vinaigrette
- 1 ½ oz. edamame
- Salt and pepper
Bo Bun Sauce Ingredients
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon fresh ginger juice
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
3 tablespoons tamari
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
Citrus Vinaigrette Ingredients
¼ inch piece fresh ginger
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon orange juice
Pinch of salt
- To make bo bun sauce heat maple syrup in pan with ginger and garlic. As soon as it bubbles, remove from heat and add tamari and rice vinegar.
- To make citrus vinaigrette heat leek and ginger in olive oil. Remove from heat and leave overnight. Remove leek, put in lemon and orange juices and salt in deep bowl and whisk in the infused olive oil until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix the eggplant cubes with the bo bun sauce then spread the cubes on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cook rice in large saucepan until tender, drain and stir in beet juice to color evenly.
- Season with½ sesame oil, rice vinegar, salt and pepper
- Drizzle the mango and radish strips with citrus vinaigrette.
- Combine the Edamame with the remaining sesame oil, rice vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Divide rice, eggplant and edamame and mango into 4 bowls.
Total Fat – 25.3 g
Carbohydrates 44.2 g
Protein 6.56 g
Earth Bowl recipe taken from Monmouth Health and life.com April/May 2021