- 6 Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or a dried oregano and basil leaf blend)
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce (garlic and herb)
- 11/2 cups reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese (or a pizza cheese blend)
- 6 cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to broil/ grill settings on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Combine the oil, garlic, salt to taste, pepper to taste and 4 teaspoons of the seasoning together in a small bowl. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom with the garlic oil mixture and place each mushroom, oil side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet/ tray.
- Fill each mushroom with 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce per cap, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, basil, and tomato slices. Broil/ grill until cheese has melted and is golden in color (about 10 minutes).
Do not over bake them. They WILL release a lot of liquid if left in the oven for too long! Make sure your oven is preheated well and HOT when putting them in.
Calories 458.5/3 each
Total Fat – 30.Sg
Carbohydrates 26.6 g
Protein 29.3 g